Online Power of Attorney
Digital /Online Power of Attorney
NADRA in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) developed an automated, digital process for issuance of Power of Attorney (PoA) for Overseas Pakistanis (OPs). Using the system, OPs can now apply and obtain a PoA from the convenience of their homes, without having to physically visit a Pakistan Foreign Mission which may be located at a significant distance.
Online or Digital Power of Attorney (PoA) was launched by the Prime Minister of Pakistan on November 18, 2021. With its launch a limited number of Pakistan Foreign Missions, including Consulate General Houston, is running the pilot phase.
It is a fast and secure service facilitating OPs, who want to give PoA to any person residing in Pakistan. This system is centrally managed by NADRA in Pakistan and those desirous can apply online as below
Click here to apply https://poa.nadra.gov.pk/
Note: Please note manual PoA is also operational and both systems (onsite and online) will run in parallel for now.
Application Submission Guidelines
Guide on how to apply online is given in the following simple 6 steps. https://poa.nadra.gov.pk/how-to-apply/
An applicant will get access to the PoA Portal to create their account by providing their email address along with other details.
2. Applying for PoA
Once successfully signed up and authenticated (via OTP), the executor can lodge PoA by submitting required documents.
The applicant to upload biometrics on the provided Fingerprint form.
Applicants will be asked to pay the required fee for the application and receive results of biometric verification.
The Consular Officer of the selected Mission (in this case CG Houston) will schedule and conduct an online (video) interview with the applicant to determine the final decision on the case.
A system-generated email is sent to the applicant’s registered e-mail address to acquire the Final Consent for POA issuance.
Eligibility and Pre-requisites
Before submitting an online PoA application, Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be an overseas Pakistani residing abroad.
- Details of attorney and witnesses
- Valid Identity document of each Applicant including CNIC/NICOP /POC.
- Valid Identity document of each Witness including CNIC/NICOP / POC.
- Valid Identity document of the Attorney including CNIC/NICOP / POC.
- Valid email address
- Contact number and mailing address in the country of application (outside of Pakistan)
- Biometrics of Applicant 4 fingers)
- Biometrics of 2x witnesses (4 fingers)
- Credit Card/Debit Card to make online fee Payment within the application
- Actual Power of Attorney (scanned copy to be uploaded in the PoA system by Applicant)
- Any other relevant documents (for example Affidavit, where applicable, to be uploaded in the PoA system by Applicant)
- In case of a US national/ Foreigner, the applicant is required to physically visit the Consulate after having their documents attested from the State Department/ concerned Mission in the USA.
Note: Please include your cell number in the email and online PoA application No .
For escalation: email@example.com or call: 004539625207