Pakistan’s Tech industry is growing very fast over the last decade and is currently among the top 3 exporting industries. The growth is fueled by the young and tech savvy people who are creating opportunities for disruptors and entrepreneurs. Increasing local and foreign capital investment in the technology sector is contributing towards building innovative products and services serving local and international markets.
Key Industry Highlights
- Out of the population of 220 Million, 75% are under the age of 45 and 50% are under the age of 25.
- Universities and academic programs are producing top talent, apx 25000 IT graduates per year
- Pakistan ranks as the 3rd most popular country of freelancers in software development
- US$ 3.0 Billion Exports per year, US$1.0 Billion local market consumption
- 5000 IT companies, 500,000 english speaking engineering talent
- 300+ international companies providing services to over 100 destinations
- Well established broadband infrastructure with 6 international cables and 4 global mobile operators
- 14 Software Technology Parks, 5 National Incubation Centers, Dozens of private and university incubators and accelerators launching new startups
- $65 Million invested in early stage startups in 2020, despite Covid challenges
- Billion dollar Unicorns have established their Technology / Delivery centers in Pakistan
Top 20 ICT Export Destinations
Top Areas Of Expertise Offered By Pakistani Companies
Denmark can leverage the strength of the Pakistan IT Sector by sourcing talent, collaborating with Pakistan IT companies for their projects, establishing offshore engineering delivery centers in Pakistan.
Useful Links – Pakistan
- Ministry of Information Technology
- Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB)
- Pakistan Software Houses Association (PASHA)
- IT Sector Presentation by PSEB
- Pakistan IT Companies Profile
Information Technology Sector – Denmark
The IT industries ITB is Denmark’s largest industry organization for IT and telecommunications companies. ITB has existed since 1917 with just 11 members at the time – and now has a membership of approx. 800. Last year it added more than 140 new members.
Useful Links – Denmark
- For directory of Danish IT companies please click here.
- For Danish Government tenders, please visit UDBUD and UDBUDSVAGTEN