Renunciation of Citizenship
Pakistani nationals wishing to renounce their Pakistani citizenship when acquiring Danish nationality are required to submit the following documents:
- Assurance letter issued by the Danish authorities with English Translation, declaring the eligibility for the the grant of Danish citizenship.
- Photocopy of Pakistani passport.
- Fresh five (5) colored passport size (2 in x1.5 in) pictures with white background. The pictures should not be older than 3 months.
- The cases are processed by the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports (IMPASS). Its email address is: email@example.com.Normal processing time is six months from the date of submission.
- The Embassy of Pakistan, Copenhagen assumes no responsibility for delay in issuance of renunciation certificates nor it will be responsible for any errors or omissions in the renunciation certificate.
- Fee for Renunciation Case is 450 DKK. Renunciation Fee must be deposited to Danske Bank Account No. 4001-0010961874 and original receipt attached with application. Therefore the Embassy advises the applicants to pay the fee through E-banking or through the Dankort/Debit Card machine at the Embassy. All Consular Fees are Non-refundable.
Q: How to check status of already submitted nationality cases?
For checking status of renunciation of citizenship applications, please send email to Directorate General Immigration and Passports (Email : firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Applicant Name with Father/Guardian name.
- Case No.
- Name of City/Foreign Mission; where case has been initiated.
- Name of Country; where case has been initiated.
- CNIC/NICOP Number
- Passport No
Download FORM X