Travel to Pakistan
Please note: All individuals above the age of 06 have to get tested (a valid PCR test) before boarding a flight to Pakistan. In addition, all individuals aged 06 and above will be tested through Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival in Pakistan. In case of a positive result for individuals aged between 06 and 12 will be put under Home Quarantine under the supervision of the concerned civil administration while the individuals above 12 will be put under Quarantine at a designated facility.
Due to the serious nature of new variants, additional and specific measures may be applied at the airports depending upon the health condition of the passenger/individual.
This is applicable on all individuals regardless of type and dosage of vaccination.
Before Travel: (from countries in Category B including Denmark)
1. Valid Negative PCR test certificate conducted within the 72 hours prior to commencement of travel to Pakistan.
2. All incoming travelers are required to register on PakPass Track App.
The App can be downloaded from Google’s and Apple’s App Store. Links are as follows:
Google’s App Store:
Apple’s App Store:
Children below 12, disabled individuals, official delegations, Pakistani deportees and crew of the aircraft will be exempted from PakPass Track App.
3. Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) will be undertaken after reaching Pakistan.
- A positive test will result in shifting to self-paid quarantine facility.
- In case of a negative test, the traveler will enter into mandatory self-quarantine for 10 days at his/her place of choosing.
Categories of Countries:
‘A’ Category: No mandatory quarantine upon a negative result after reaching Pakistan
Australia, Cote d’Ivoire, China, Cuba, Fiji, Finland, Ghana, Iceland, Iraq, Madagascar, Maldives, Myanmar, New Zealand, Qatar, Rwanda, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Sudan, Togo, Zambia, Vietnam.
All other countries that are not part of the Categories A & C list have been placed in Category ‘B’. This includes Denmark as of 30 May 2021.
‘C’ Category: Can only enter Pakistan after obtaining an exemption from NCOC through the Embassies of Pakistan dealing with that country.
Pakistani Nationals holding the following valid documents may be allowed to travel to Pakistan from Category C Countries up-till 15 July 2021, without grant of specific exemption issued from NCOC on proof of a valid negative PCR Test result conducted within the 72 hours prior to commencement of travel to Pakistan: o Pakistani Passports o Pakistani Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) o Pakistani National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) o Pakistan Origin Card (POC)
• Passengers other than Pakistanis originating from a Category C Country or having stayed in a Category C Country in the last 10 days prior to commencement of travel to Pakistan will require grant of specific exemptions from the Competent Authority.
• Passengers holding any nationality having stayed more than 10 days in Countries other than Category C Countries may be allowed to travel to Pakistan on proof of a valid negative PCR Test result conducted within the 72 hours prior to commencement of travel to Pakistan.
• Passengers originating from a Country other than Category C Countries and only transiting through Category C Countries without leaving the airport terminal building / transit lounge may be allowed to travel to Pakistan with proof of a valid negative PCR Test result conducted within the 72 hours prior to commencement of travel to Pakistan.
Nepal, Trinidad and Tobago, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Colombia, Uruguay, India, Peru, Kenya, Chile, Brazil, South Africa, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Bolivia, Ukraine, Maldives, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Philippines, Iraq, Indonesia, Slovenia, Namibia, Croatia, Netherlands, Iran, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Poland, Cuba, Thailand, Czechia.
a) From 01 July 2021, direct flight operations from UK, Europe, Canada, China and Malaysia will be increased to 40% of the normal volume (including Denmark).
b) Home quarantine Requirement for those incoming travelers who test Negative on conducting RAT on arrival has been abolished. Only Positive RAT cases will undergo quarantine as per procedure in vogue.
c) Status quo to be maintained on current 20% of approved summer 21 schedule for flights operating to airports in Pakistan from all other countries / region except the countries / region mentioned above.
For latest update please regarding flights, please, read the following letter issued by Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority on 30 June 2021